Contact Form

 

Swedish Summer



Summer is finally here in Stockholm. It may not be super hot but at least we don't have to wear our long johns and huge bulky warm winter clothes. Days seem to last forever and ever as it is light nearly all day. The sun doesn't go down until 10pm and gets up again at 3.30am. Like we take off the layers of warm clothes we get rid of the bulky super warm thick heavy recipes and replace them with more raw, simpler, and lighter alternatives.

The other night we enjoyed a real traditional Swedish taste combination. Pan fried white fish fillets with boiled potatoes, blanched asparagus, finely diced red onion, a dab of sour cream, a huge spoon of red caviar, and lots of lemon.



The fresh fish I purchased was kolja (haddock in english). I just lightly peppered it and fried it in a little butter and some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
For dessert we enjoyed a delicious and equally gorgeous green piece of basil cheesecake which I got to bring home from work. (I unfortunately don't have a recipe for this...just use your imagination.) We served the cheesecake with fresh juicy red strawberries. So yummy and so fresh.



Enjoy!
Kristina & Johan

Total comment

Author

Unknown

2   comments

I was in Sweden two winters ago and it was my first time in an icy country. Even in winter Sweden is so beautiful and I had heaps of fun in Kiruna. Have always wondered what it's like in summer.

I love your illustrations btw. I saw them on your flickr and had to check ur blog out. :D
Swedish summer is even more gorgeous! Like a dream. Everyone comes out from hybernation it seems to enjoy endless days (nearly no or no darkness at night), and lots of greenery. Most people have a summer place out in the country too where they enjoy their 5 week yearly vacation! You should definitly visit Sweden during the summer sometime in the near future.

Oh and thanks soooo much for liking my work too!

Cancel Reply