Contact Form

 

Lux Lördag a.k.a. Shmancy Saturday!



Even though we may pretty much have just a student's budget we feel we are worth a little luxury dinner every week to really treat our selves. We go out to eat at restaurants very seldom because the prices are ridiculous in Stockholm and the we are almost always disappointed...plus we always feel we can make it better at home...and we do. Plus the process of menu planning is so enjoyable. At dinner we discuss future dinners. One could say food is our life but that would be dorky.

Saturday dinners are the best because I have a whole free day to myself to dream and shop and cook and Johan comes home from work early! My process is usually the same. I get inspired by something one of the cooks has made at work and try to recreate it at home or I look through one of my many marvelous recipes I have handwritten down, or page through my gorgeous cookbooks to get inspiration. Then I take my sweet time at the grocery store picking out the ingredients. I often hint at the menu during the day so that Johan can purchase a wine that will match. I love taking my time to set the table. I love when there is lots of cutlery and different sized glasses and carefully folded napkins and candles and flowers on the table.


We got quite a few previous dinners with gorgeous photos to match that I will try to upload soon.

Total comment

Author

Unknown

0   comments

Cancel Reply